Talent. Amenities. Access.
Downtown San Jose is Silicon Valley’s vibrant urban center - with a blend of young professionals, high-rise housing, entertainment and business. Companies such as Adobe, Cohesity, Dice, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, Focus Bank, Heritage Bank, KQED, Mercury News, NeuroSky, Pinger, PWC, Okta, Oracle, ThreatMetrix, U.S. Trademark and Patent Office, WeWork, Wrike, Zoom and Xactly, along with 200+ high-tech firms, thrive in Downtown. If you’re seeking abundant amenities, easy access to transportation and a highly talented workforce - Downtown San Jose is the place to be. Grow with us.
Given San Jose’s business-friendly commitment, we have been able to create an open, innovative environment for thousands of Adobe employees with a great downtown at our doorstep.
President & CEO, Adobe, San Jose
Industry-leading companies as well as a young and talented workforce choose Downtown San Jose to live, work and play.
- Google is purchasing property surrounding Diridon Station, with the intention of establishing an innovative, vibrant employment district of up to 8 million square feet.
- The electrification of Caltrain, extension of BART and advent of High Speed Rail services will make San Jose the Bay Area’s major transit hub, focus of transit-oriented job growth (read Diridon Station Area Plan).
- San Jose State University anchors Downtown with 30,000 students, providing a steady stream of new recruits and interns
- 10,000 new science and engineering grads annually from local universities
- 40% of San Jose residents have bachelor’s degrees or higher, making San Jose one of the most highly educated communities in the nation
- More MBA jobs per capita than any other city in the U.S.
- Downtown has 6,000+ new housing units, with another 2,000 in the pipeline
- San Jose is the nation’s top patent-producing city, with one of every eight patents originating here
Downtown San Jose has the urban live-work environment today’s top professionals seek - with restaurants, cafes, pubs, public markets, fitness, arts and culture, events, entertainment, and high-rise living - all within walking distance to Downtown districts and parks.
- 11 acres of urban parkland
- 200+ restaurants, cafes bars, and clubs
- 2,600 hotel rooms
- One of the country’s the fastest outdoor Wi-Fi networks - free for all
- Local, national and international retail stores, markets and shops
- The Tech Interactive- learn by doing!
Our company has chosen Downtown San Jose, the region’s only urban experience, for its first headquarters. As the creative cultural center of Silicon Valley, Downtown helps recharge today’s top innovators.
CEO, NeuroSky, San Jose
Downtown San Jose offers an easy commute with the best transit access in the Silicon Valley. Diridon Station is the place where all public transportation services converge - including light rail, Caltrain, commuter rail, Bus Rapid Transit and a future BART station. Zipcar, a robust Bike Share program, the free DASH shuttle, and validated parking make getting around Downtown easy. The San Jose Airport is less than five minutes away. Whether you walk, bike, ride, or drive, Downtown San Jose is the place to be.
- Hundreds of electric scooters Bike Share bikes available
- 125 Caltrain stops weekly at Diridon Station
- 26,000 parking spots, many with validation
- 450+ international and domestic flights daily to and from the Mineta San Jose International
- Airport, serving nearly 50 million passengers each year, on 13 carriers serving 50+ non-stop destinations world-wide
- Mix of next-gen workspaces, entrepreneurial centers and accelerators
- Bike friendly, walkable city with health clubs, yoga studios and rock-climbing gyms