Look back at 2019 - top five most-read blog posts on SJEconomy,com
- San Jose ranked fastest-growing city in the world, January, 2019 - 746 page views
- San Jose development projects update and map #2, September, 2019 - 702 page views
- VivaCalleSJ - Parks to Roses, August, 2019 - 596 page views
- San Jose development report #1, July, 2019 - 591 page views
- We Company opens everyone's backyard, September 2019 - 531 page views
Our monthly e-newsletter, SJEconomy News, recaps the previous month’s blogposts. From December 1, 2018, through November 24, 2019. the newsletter was responsible for 1,360 visits to various parts of the OED website In fact, visits from the newsletter have been the major source of activity on our website, as we haven’t been emphasizing our site, pending some major changes that have been in the works. Within the next few weeks, OED's web pages will look very different, now that our site has been incorporated back into the City of San Jose’s main website, www.sanjoseca.gov, which has been redesigned to be more responsive, easy to use and attractive.
We are excited that the when the City decided to overhaul its “digital front door,” the look-and-feel of the new City website was based on OED’s rebranding initiative that we undertook some three years ago. Our goal with the initiative was to help create higher awareness of San Jose’s essential identity, and articulate what differentiates us from the other top 10 cities in the U.S. Helping with this identity initiative has been an extremely talented and creative agency, Native Digital. It is exciting to see their translation of a look-and-feel for our city (with a small “c”) be adopted for the new website for the whole City (with a big “C”)!